Inchi curry Recipe Kerala Style
Today we will learn how to make Inchi Curry (Ginger curry) one of the favorite dishes for any vegetarian feast in Kerala.
- Ginger: 100gm
- Tamarind: Size of a lemon
- Chilly powder: 2 tsp
- Oil: 1 tbs
- Small onion chopped: 1 tsp
- Fenugreek (uluva): 1/2 tsp
- Mustard: 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves: 2 stems
- Salt: as per taste
- Jaggery: 10gm
- Clean ginger after mashing and fry in coconut oil and set apart.
- Chilli powder and small onions to be mashed / grind together.
- Squeeze tamarind pulp in half cup water.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and crackle mustard and fenugreek. Do not allow to burn.
- Further add tamarind pulp and salt in to the pan.
- Further add the mashed ginger into the mixture.
- When it starts to boil add the jaggery into the mixture.
- Remove from flame and add curry leaves to let it cool.
You have prepared the simple yet tasty Inchi Curry. Let me know your feedback on the text recipe.